The Dr. James Dobson Family Institute (JDFI) is a Christian non-profit organization located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Founded initially as Family Talk in 2010 by Dr. James Dobson, the ministry promotes and teaches biblical principles that support marriage, family, and child-development. Since its inception, Family Talk has served families with broadcasts, monthly newsletters, feature articles, videos, blogs, books, and other resources available on demand via its website, mobile apps, and social media platforms. In 2017, the ministry rebranded under JDFI to expand its four core ministry divisions consisting of Family Talk, the Dobson Policy and Education Centers, and the Dobson Digital Library.
Dr. Dobson's flagship program, "Family Talk," is aired on more than 1,300 terrestrial radio outlets and numerous digital channels that reach millions of people each month.
Dr. James Dobson 40 Years Still Defending Family Values
To help preserve and promote the institution of the family and the biblical principles on which it is based, and to seek to introduce as many people as possible to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Specifically, the focus of the ministry is on marriage, parenthood, evangelism, the sanctity of human life and encouraging righteousness in the culture.
- We believe "Through wisdom a house is built and by understanding it is established." Proverbs 24:3
- We will not allow ourselves to get so busy with the cares of life that we neglect our children.
- We will make our voices heard regarding the impact of godly families - on our children and on culture.
Statement of Faith
- The Bible to be the inspired, only, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in his personal return in power and glory;
- That for salvation of lost and sinful men and women, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential;
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life;
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they who are saved unto the resurrection of life and they who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation;
- And in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.